How Artists Can Get The Most Out Of SMASH
We want you to make the most of your evening. Whether you are there to see old friends or to make new ones, we are here to help. We know that half the fun is just walking through the door, but here are a few things you should know and a few suggestions to make your evening both fun AND productive!
HELP PEOPLE CONNECT WITH YOU
You will be a room filled with artists, arts organization leaders and folks that provide services and resources to the arts community. How can you be ready to get the most out of conversations?
- Name tag – We will have a place for you to make a nametag, but think about coming prepared with your own unique name tag or way for others to know your name.
- Are you ready to show your work? Bring pictures, and ipad, or whatever and be prepared to show others what you do.
- Handouts are a must! Have business cards, gallery cards, and other tangibles ready to hand out if you have them.
- Bring a notepad and pen to write down all the new connections and ideas that will happen! Invite a friend to come along.
- What’s your Elevator Pitch. Don’t know? Look it up!
HAVE/NEED STICKERS & WALL ARE BACK!
The popular Have/Needs stickers and Wall is our most popular way to make new friends and get the conversations in high gear. The stickers go on YOU, so people can see what you Have/need and connect with each other quickly. The wall is where you post general needs, like “Our collective is looking for new members”, or “I am a freelance lighting designer, here’s my number”. You may even want to come prepared with your own snazzy Have/Need sheets to stand out in the crowd. Think of it as the best community bulletin board ever, where people can come looking for that right person or group to help them succeed through collaboration and specific skill sets. We ask that you limit your promotional materials to 8.5” x 11”, if you plan to attach them to the wall. If you have any questions, contact us throught this site and we’ll help you.
CONNECT WITH RESOURCES AND GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED AT QUICK•CONNECT or our DISCIPLINE TABLES
Back this year, we will have Quick•Connect with local experts/resource people on such issues as marketing, board development, small businesses, law, and accounting. What question have you been wrestling with? Check out who will be at these tables and how to register for a time slot here. Also, throughout SMASH look for discipline tables, where you can meet others who work in your discipline to share information about issues affecting all artists and arts organizations. Learn more here.
BE A SUPERHERO!
We know you are all Superheroes, so we’d love to see your capes & shields, or you can don one of ours and have your picture taken at our Selfie Wall.